GEA Next Steps Program
The Next Steps is a program launched by Gladstone Engineering Alliance (GEA) designed to help Gladstone businesses win more tenders, particularly on larger projects and help them operate successfully during and after disasters.
The Next Steps Program is delivered by GEA in 2022 and is funded by Gladstone Regional Council under the Covid Recovery Fund.
There will be 12 spots available to local businesses in the 2022 program and to qualify businesses must be currently supplying to companies working in the engineering, manufacturing, construction, mining or energy sectors or have the potential to provide goods and services to the supply chain.
The program will assist businesses to establish capabilities in:
• Advance Tender Writing
• Writing a comprehensive capability statement
• Improving Quality Assurance
• Strengthening Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE)
• In depth Business Continuity Planning including:
• How to evaluate the various types of business continuity strategies and identify the most relevant for your organisation
• Understand and document roles and responsibilities to ensure the success of your organisations BCP
• Conduct a business impact analysis, and how best to utilize the result when creating a BCP
• Understand the role BCP building business resilience
• Crisis Management and Business Continuity planning
• Economic Planning and strategy
• Resource utilisation during disaster (including the organisations response to a crisis)
• Short, medium, and long-term planning for disaster management.