Why Join UsWe are here to serve our members – it is that simple.
As a valued GEA member , you join an alliance of member businesses working together, building up each other to make CQ stronger.
What we're great at
View different tabs to learn more
- Major Industry Conference
– every year over 170 delegates from around Australia descend on the Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre to hear the latest on project developments and trends from industry leaders. GEA members receive discounted tickets to the conference, and the opportunity to showcase their businesses to presenters such as Adani Australia’s Lucas Dow and Queensland Resources Council’s Ian Macfarlane by sponsoring the event.
- Supply Chain Expo
– our yearly expo gives you the opportunity to showcase your business’s products and services to fellow businesses, major industry and the wider-CQ community. Members exhibit at discounted rates.
- Industry Updates
– we bring future projects to Gladstone for regular Industry Updates – giving you a chance to personally connect with the teams behind major projects. Event tickets are given at a discounted rate for members.
- GILG Industry Shutdown Calendar
– GEA has joined with Gladstone Industry Leadership Group to develop an Industry Shutdown Calendar; linking the local supply chain with upcoming major shutdowns to allow them to better plan their workforce.
- Connecting Suppliers
– linking you with other GEA members through exclusive bi-monthly networking events. These events are hosted by a member at their office or work-site, another great way for you to showcase your business to the local industry supply chain.
- Procurement Mixers
– giving you the opportunity to personally connect with the procurement teams from local major industry at our quarterly breakfast catch ups. These events are EXCLUSIVE and FREE for GEA members.
- Tender Alerts
– We collate tender opportunities including LG Tender Box, Qtenders, Estimate One, the ICN Gateway and other regional council websites for our members – sending them directly to members in a compiled Tender Alert twice a week. A Tenders WON email is also released monthly to keep our members up to date with the projects they tendered for.
- Board Room & Training Room Facilities
– GEA has modern board, training and conference room facilities available for hire by members and the general public. Members receive four (4) free hours of room hire a year, and discounted rates all year round.
- Professional Development Opportunities
– we regularly facilitate professional development opportunities, such as Social Media Basics for Business and Mental Health First Aid, to build up the capabilities of the local industry supply chain. Members get special discounted rates to most learning opportunities.
- Next Steps Program
– in 2019 we delivered a specialised training and assistance program for local SMEs funded by Shell’s QGC business, with the aim of improving success rates when tendering for opportunities with the LNG industry.
- Boost Your Business
– in 2020 we will deliver, in partnership with METS Ignited and the Queensland Government, a fully-funded accelerator program for local SMEs and METS scale-ups.
- Skilling Queenslanders for Work
- between 2015 and 2019 GEA delivered seven Skilling Queenslanders for Work Programs – building up the capabilities of 204 local trainees and apprentices through Certificate I in Business, Certificate I in Construction and Certificate I in Conservation & Land Management. We had a success rate of 89% employed as a result of the SQW program.
- Yaralla Corporate Lifestyle Package
– GEA promotes a healthy work/life balance by offering members, and their employees, discounted access to the Yaralla Lifestyle Package. Access the gym, golf, swimming pool and cinema at ridiculously low rates all year round.
- Social Media Channels
– we love promoting our members’ achievements and boosting their profiles in our community. We are extremely active on Facebook and LinkedIn – join us and be a part of the online GEA community.
- Targeted promotion via our Facebook and LinkedIn pages, website and fortnightly e-newsletter (reaching 9,000+ of direct subscribers/likers).
- #CQFirst E-newsletter
- our fortnightly digital newsletter links members with the latest GEA news including member achievements and member-to-member offers.
- GEA Industry Awards
– our annual awards are an opportunity for Central Queensland to recognise and celebrate our world-class industry supply chain.
- The Gladstone Globe & Digital Interactive Walkway
– unique to Central Queensland The Globe is a digital experience promoting the Gladstone Region’s economy, major industry, tourism and the industry supply chain, to residents, visitors and investors.
- Membership Directory
- Inclusion in the GEA Membership Directory
– a one-stop-shop for anyone doing business in Central Queensland and looking for industry products or services – we are here to promote our members to procurement teams and potential investors.
- Assistance with procurement process
- major industries coordinate with GEA to assist them on their EOI for potential suppliers
- we can assist with the procurement process from initial tender/quote advertising to CQ suppliers, right through to bid response evaluation and capability sourcing
- Info Sessions
– GEA chooses information sessions that is a response to the need of our member businesses. Members and partners can showcase their products and services and GEA will invite businesses to attend and interact.
- Support with grants and tender writing
- we have a successful track record of winning and assisting others on their application
- Advocacy Groups
- We are active members of a number of advocacy groups and work tirelessly to promote our members as a world-class supply chain while advocating for local content. If you have an issue that’s important to you – let us represent you.
- We are members of the Queensland Local Content Leadership Network, the Gladstone Economic Recovery Committee, the Gladstone Region Economic Practitioners Network, Gladstone Connects, and the Gladstone Hydrogen Cluster.
- Regular leaders catch up
Our GM regularly meets up with leaders to represent your needs to local industry, local council, and state and federal government.
She catches up with:
- Gladstone Industry Leadership Group, CEO Stacey Williams
- Gladstone Regional Council Mayor Matt Burnett
- Minister for Regional Development and Manufacturing, Minister for Water and Member for Gladstone Glenn Butcher
- Member for Flynn Ken O’Dowd
Industry Advisory Group
– a GEA initiative, the IAG was formed to bring together GEA members and representatives from local major industry to connect and bridge the gap on local content, procurement and workforce development.
- Partnerships with local membership associations
- We work closely with other local membership associations such as Gladstone Area Promotion Development Limited (GAPDL) and Gladstone Chamber of Commerce & Industry (GCCI), Integreat Queensland and other not-for-profit organisations to achieve stronger outcomes for the Gladstone Region and Central Queensland.
- Charity Golf Day
– since 2013 we have hosted an annual Charity Golf Day to raise money for local not-for-profits. In 2020 our chosen charity is the Gladstone Animal Rescue Group.
- International Women’s Day
– in 2021 we created the very first GEA CQUni Cares Scholarship helping a female studying in the STEMs sector with tuition and donating part of the proceeds to the Indigenous Youth Mobility Pathways (IYMP) Project. In 2020, we raised $3000 for the Gladstone Women’s Health Centre at our International Women’s Day event, Inspiring Resilient Women, presented by Shell’s QGC business. For more information, visit: gea.asn.au/empowering-women/
- Skilling Queenslanders for Work employment outcomes
- between 2015 and 2019 GEA delivered seven Skilling Queenslanders for Work Programs. Out of the 204 participants, 182 trainees and apprentices were successfully employed as a result of the SQW program.
- Taking on a local trainee
– every year GEA employs a local trainee to upskill and connect with opportunities for future employment.
View a sample membership benefits computation
The GEA Membership is worth your investment. If a GEA member takes advantage of our offered services and attend events, the membership benefits outweighs your membership price.
The more active you are with your GEA membership, the higher benefits you gain!
as a GEA member you also receive
Free Room Hire
- Members get four (4) free hours of training, board or conference room hire per year – valued at $315 – and discounted rates all year round.
Yaralla Corporate Lifestyle PackageUnlimited access
Our members, and their employees, get access to the Yaralla Lifestyle Package through GEA at significantly discounted rates. The package is an all-inclusive membership to some amazing businesses in our region, and entitles you to unlimited access at:
- Fitness Centres
- Aquatic Centre and pools
- Gladstone Cinema
- Golf Clubs
- Tennis & Squash
Ezypay is an added option, which allows you to pay for the lifestyle package over 12 easy installments.
Yaralla Sports Club requires a minimum of 3 employees from the same company to avail the discounted Yaralla Lifestyle subscription package.
Get your business noticed, JOIN TEAM GEA TODAY!
12 month membership pricing depends on the size of full time employees based on the ABN.
Businesses that join Team GEA will have their membership fees applied for 12 months during the start of their subscription and automatically renews.
1 - 3Employees
4 - 15Employees
16 - 49Employees
50 - 199Employees
To apply to become a Gladstone Engineering Alliance member, please complete and return our Membership Application Form:
Membership Application Form
To learn more on how we can elevate your business by becoming a GEA member, including maximising your existing GEA membership, please contact Jason our Member Engagement Coordinator on: firstname.lastname@example.org